Is it possible to start a profitable online business with no buying budget?
The short answer is that It’s not easy but it can be done.
If you have no money what so ever to spend on starting your new eBay or eCommerce business you can still make a start with these simple tips.
1. Have a clear out – everyone has items around the house that they no longer use, an old compact camera in a drawer, a cell phone from a previous contract. That brand new tent and camping equipment that got bought in a sale with good intentions but never used. I know plenty of people that bought an exercise bike or a rowing machine that was used every day for the first few months but eventually relegated to a glorified clothes hanger, if you’re one of those, free up the space and some funds at the same time. Sell all these items on eBay and generate as much money as you can to start your business.
2. Offer Your Services – If you can’t find much to sell around the house why not offer some gardening or window cleaning services around the local neighbourhood? Most people have the basic equipment and you don’t need any real specialist knowledge. Knock on a few doors and earn some start-up cash!
3. Make Use of Cheap Funds – You have to be careful with this step as you don’t want to get into financial difficulties as a result but if you have a credit card quite often they have very cheap balance transfer or money transfer deals for 6 – 12 months. If you have this option you can borrow the money for a set period of time and pay the money back as soon as you sell your stock, do this a few times and you can use the profits as your new capital without having to rely on your dredit card any more. As I’ve already said only do this is you have a good credit situation and you have reseached your new business throuily and you’re sure you can make some profits in your new niche. Worst case scenario is that the credit timeframe finishes and you have to sell your wholesale stock to pay off the borrowed money. If you sell it for the wholesale price you paid you can always get your money back pretty quick but you will be left with no profits.
4. Get a Part Time Job – This one may not be possible for everyone nor a popular one but if you really want to make your new business a success and you have no investment capital you have to do whatever you can to make it work. Even if you already have a job you can find some evening work for just a few months to generate enough cash to get you going, you never know you might enjoy meeting new people! You could do a shift in a local bar a few nights a week, wait tables in a restaurant, with both of these jobs you can often get quite good money when you add the tips into your wage. Deliver pizzas or other take away foods, this type of business are always looking for drivers and you can usually say how many shifts you want to work. OK it’s not glamorous but its about getting a start and its not forever so deal with it already!
5. Make Use of Your Talents – Have you ever used Fiver.com? It’s a great website where you can get anything done for $5, you can also offer your own services for $5. So take a look at the sort of things that others ore offering and think about what you’re good at and what you would be able to do for that much, it not allot of money be uf you get a few orders per day it will add up in a few months. Help people set up a blog, give a review of their website, sing happy birthday to their Grandma whatever you think you can offer just use your imagination!
So there you have it, a few ideas to get your business moving with no capital investment, obviously if you spare a few dollars it will make the process allot easier and quicker but the key is to do something, whatever it may be just do it, sitting around making excuses why you can’t is not good enough. Assess you r situation and then do something about it, the sooner you get going the sooner you can be in profit and on your way to online success.
If you have any other ideas for your own lets here them in the comments..(Photo: Laverrue)